Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Talents

I was talking with my sister last night, telling her about all the things I'd accomplished during the day, and she said something to me that most people wouldn't think twice about. For me however, it completely caught me off guard. What she said was, "You should start a blog, to write about all the things you do each day."

See? Entirely mundane. Nothing Earth-shattering in the least, right? Wrong. For me, this was a tiny but shocking wake-up call. I replied back quickly, "I do have a blog!" But I left it unsaid that I have been neglecting said blog for the past 6 months, and that even in my prime blog-post-writing-days, I never once thought to use the platform as a way of writing about my daily life. Now, I don't mean journal-type posts, detailing every little thing I've done or thought about, and hashing out every single aspect of my inter-personal life. What I'm thinking is to simply write a short post, talking about a new recipe I tried, a new craft I attempted, an idea I had, or just the general highlights of my life. It's been said to me on multiple occasions that I am a pretty good cook, and creative too. I'm not saying this to toot my own horn or anything, because I'll be the first to admit that I'm nothing special. But if I have a blog, and I'm spending my days doing moderately-creative things, why not write about them? Why not share my inspirations with whoever is interested? And why for the love of all things good and Holy have I been slacking off on the God-given talents and creative outlet that I've been offered? Shame on me.

So here's to my new-found motivation to get back to blogging, even if it's just a short paragraph or two. Cheers!

“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms." 1 Peter 4:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I look forward to your feedback, and can't wait to read your comments!