Thursday, January 22, 2015

Update From a Busy Week

So much has been happening since I last posted, I've had next to no time to update or even relax at all. this is a good thing for me, because my time has been filled with productive things that have been on-task with my resolutions for becoming more productive with my time.

I've been working on building up my inventory of jewelry to sell in my Etsy shop. I've got a few new earring designs that I've been working on, and once I've made time to take some quality pictures of them, I'll be posting them online. I'm hoping that'll happen by the end of this weekend, but who knows? In the mean time, I've got a few designs and unique pieces up for sale already, if anyone is interested. 

I started volunteering at a nature center near my house. I visited a few weekends back, and when i found out that they were looking for new volunteers, I knew I had to sign up. Wednesday was my first day of working, and I enjoyed it a lot. I got to work up close with frogs, toads, snakes, hawks, and a turtle. It's an animal lover's dream.

I've spent quite a bit of my time over the past few weeks developing and nurturing a new friendship with someone at my church. She and I are very similar in our interests, and both of us have been in need of more female companions. We've spent our time hiking, thrift-shopping, cooking, playing games, and some days doing nothing but window shop on Pinterest. I am extremely thankful to have her in my life, she has been an answer to my prayers.

Speaking of prayer: Yesterday, my Siberian Husky had several seizures throughout the day. In the past few years she's had a couple other seizures, none were very severe or long-lasting. This time however, was a bit different. She had a cluster of small seizures, three or four in a 15 minute period. She came out of it fairly quickly, and seemed fine other than wanting to be close to me for a while. About an hour later, she had two more small seizures, and then three hours later she had two more. Each of these episodes were followed by small drinks of water and then she spent the rest of her time laying down, but she wasn't lethargic or uncoordinated at all. 

After doing some research I found some evidence that suggested she may have a Zinc deficiency, which could have contributed to her seizures. Tomorrow we will be buying her some higher quality food that will be wheat-, corn-, and soy-free to help with her absorption of the Zinc in her diet, and I will also begin supplementing her diet with additional Zinc to help combat any more seizures. In the mean time, please pray that whatever the causes are, that they will fade with the improved diet. As sad as it is, we don't have a budget to support the dozens of tests that a vet would want to do, and I honestly don't even think there is a solution for the seizures at this point. I've been supervising her ever since the seizures yesterday, and she's been back to normal, which I'll take as a good sign for now.

This coming weekend is going to be pretty busy yet again. We are hosting a conference at my church on Friday night and all day Saturday, so I will be attending that. Then Saturday night I will be going to an employee appreciation dinner with my friend, right after the conference ends. Sunday morning will be church service as usual, and a ministry fair to encourage people to sign up for new ministries that are in need of support. Sunday afternoon is pretty open for now, but I've got a feeling that this will change over the next few days. 

"Whatever you do, work at it wholeheartedly as though you were doing it for the Lord" Colossians 3:23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I look forward to your feedback, and can't wait to read your comments!