Thursday, July 9, 2015

Do Everything In Love

My sister in law came over on Tuesday to spend the day with me, which is always such a great time. I've been wanting to redecorate one of my living room walls, and we decided that this was the perfect project to tackle while I had her help.

 I knew I wanted a painting that had 1 Corinthians 16:14 written on it, so we went to the craft store to get the few supplies we'd need. In some versions the verse says, "Let everything you do be done in love." Other versions simply say, "Do everything in love." I liked both options, but eventually we settled on the simpler interpretation, deciding that not only would it fit better in our frame, but it would also be easier to remember later on.

While I started arranging the picture into the order we wanted them,   my SIL began spray painting the background of the wooden frame. I can't resist the gold glitter! She practiced the writing on a paper bag to test out the spacing and sizing, and then she free-hand painted the phrase onto the wood once the base color was dry. It was the simplest, easiest project, but it came out looking amazing!



We arranged all the pictures on the wall individually, and used the brand new sign as a focal piece to break up the pictures a bit. I absolutely love the completed look!




Luckily I already had the two initials, so we just bought a pressed cardboard ampersand, and spray painted it the same glittery gold as the new art. All three pieces look great underneath our wedding ceremony print out.


And this, my friends, is what our wall looks like now, thanks to a little help and creativity. The designs came from a few different pins on Pinterest, which you already know is my favorite website ever for all things creative (Or delicious, but that's a whole other other post.) Hope you've enjoyed, and maybe you can get some inspiration for your own homes!

"Let everything you do, be done with love." 1 Corinthians 16:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I look forward to your feedback, and can't wait to read your comments!