Thursday, August 6, 2015

Teriyaki Sauce from Scratch

I was craving teriyaki chicken a few weeks back, but I didn't have any sauce on hand. So I decided to make some! I found this recipe, and tried it out. So easy, so delicious and SO going into my recipe binder! Cook up some rice (Or quinoa), some chicken, and saute some veggies, then enjoy!


Ingredients
  • 1 cup water
  • 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • 1-2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 large clove of garlic, finely minced
  • ½ teaspoon ground ginger
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • ¼ cup cold water
Instructions
  1. Combine the 1 cup water, brown sugar, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a medium saucepan and set over medium heat.
  2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch with the ¼ cup water and whisk until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan.
  3. Heat the sauce until it thickens to your desired thickness. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more water to thin it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I look forward to your feedback, and can't wait to read your comments!